• Honey bees communicate with one another by dancing. Each honey bee colony has a unique odour for its member’s identification and monkeys don’t catch colds but chimpanzees, gorillas and orangutans do.
• Bees (APIS MELLIFERA) are the only insects that produce food eaten by man. Honey is the only food that includes substances necessary to sustain life including enzymes, vitamins, minerals and water, and contains “ninocembrin” an antioxidant associated with improved brain functioning.
• Nitrous oxide can make you laugh. It’s referred to, as a ‘Laughing Gas’.
• Three chemicals are used to execute criminals by lethal injection. First, sodium thiopental is injected, causing the inmate to fall into a deep sleep.
The second chemical agent, pancuronium bromide, a muscle relaxer follows; this causes the inmate to stop breathing due to paralysis of the diaphram and lungs. Finally, Potassium chloride is injected stopping the heart.
• Saloon in the U.S means a bar but interestingly, here in Rwanda and some parts in this region, it means a barber shop.
• The first president to greet people with a handshake was Thomas Jefferson. Before that, presidents bowed.
• The left testicle usually hangs lower than the right for the right-handed men. The opposite is true for the lefties.
Quote of the Day
GUARD YOUR HEART WITH ALL DILIGENCE,
OUT OF IT COMES ISSUES OF LIFE.
Friday James is a S6 student at Lycee De Kigali Secondary School