• The thermometer was invented in 1607 by Galileo Galilei; whose date of birth is 15th February.
• Giraffes often sleep for only 20 minutes in any 24 hours. They may sleep up to 2 hours (in spurts - not all at once), but this is rare. They never lie down.
• Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard tossed a coin to decide whether the company they founded would be called Hewlett-Packard or Packard-Hewlett…that’s how the name of the HP Company came up.
• Rwanda’s king MUSINGA was the tallest of all kings.
• Some species of Bamboo can grow at the rate of 1 meter in 24 hours.
• In Rwanda, when there is a wedding people put banana plantations at the roadway or gate and when someone has passed away they light firewood.
• The shortest war ever recorded lasted only 38 minutes. (Britain vs. Zanzibar in 1896)
• If you add up the numbers 1-100 consecutively (1+2+3+4+5...) the total is 5050.
• Alcohol is absorbed directly through the stomach, and in the process irritates the cells that line the organ. Alcohol also promotes secretion of additional hydrochloric acid in the stomach, eventually causing the nerves to send a message to the brain that the stomach's contents are hurting the body. The brain responds by telling the stomach to expel its contents by vomiting. That’s why drunkards vomit.
Friday James is a S6 student
at Lycee De Kigali Secondary School