• We are about 1 cm taller in the morning than in the evening. Layers of cartilage in the joints get compressed during the day.
• Marilyn Monroe (first lady of President JOHN F.KENNEDY) had six toes on one foot.
• If you keep a Goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white
• Chewing gum while peeling onions will reduce your tears.
• Babies are born without kneecaps. They appear when the child is 2-6 years of age.
• Red wine will spoil if exposed to light; hence tinted bottles
• A novel with 50,000 words, non of which contained the letter ‘E’ was written
by Ernest Wright.
• The only word in the English language to contain three back to back double letter combinations is; Bookkeeper.
• A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years.
• An ostrich egg would take four hours to hard boil.
• Cleopatra married two of her brothers.
• It was the favorite fruit of founder Steve Jobs. He was three months late in filing a name for the business, and he threatened to call his company Apple Computers if
the other colleagues didn’t suggest a better name by 5 O’clock.
That’s how apple computers derived their name.
• In Japanese, the word for “wrong” and “different” is the same.
Friday James is a S6 student
at Lycee De Kigali Secondary School