• The smallest country in the world is considered Vatican City, it is a city/State located in Europe, surrounded by Italy and is residence of spiritual leadership of the Roman Catholic church. The country has a population of 900
• The German Kaiser Wilhelm II had a withered arm and often hid the fact by posing with his hand resting on a sword, or by holding gloves.
• The only city whose name can be spelled completely with vowels is Aiea, in Hawaii, located approximately twelve miles west of Honolulu.
• The word "Checkmate" in chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah Mat", which means "The king is dead".
• When you hold your hand out to a horse and the horse comes over and blows out warm air onto the palm of your hand it normally means that the horse wants to be friends with you.
• The pupil of an octopus' eye is rectangular.
• The shortest French word with all five vowels is "oiseau" meaning bird.