• S.O.S. doesn’t stand for “Save Our Ship” or “Save Our Souls” or Suspend Other Services”. It is a call for help in an emergency (for ships especially). The distress call S.O.S. was created in Morse Code (…---…) and it has no acronymical meaning.
• Gabriel, Michael, and Lucifer are the three angels mentioned by name in the Bible.
• In Christian theology there are nine choirs of angels. From highest to lowest, they are: seraphim, cherubim, thrones, dominions, virtues, powers, principalities, archangels, and angels.
• The most abundant metal in the Earth’s crust is aluminum.
• The only rock that floats in water is pumice.
• A bear has 42 teeth.
• The Seven Deadly Sins are lust, pride, anger, envy, sloth, avarice and gluttony.
• The seven virtues are prudence, courage, temperance, justice, faith, hope and charity.
• The shortest war on record was fought between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
• A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
• A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
• The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
• Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves
• Top English soccer club Liverpool were formed because their local enemies, Everton, could not pay the rent for their stadium.
Therefore Liverpool took over at the stadium (Anfield) and became England’s top soccer team ever.
• James Cook was the first person to cross Antarctic Circle in 1773.
•The male gypsy moth can “smell” the virgin female gypsy moth from 1.8 miles away.
• Rabbits and horses can’t vomit