There’s no need to buy a ready-made sauce when making your own is this easy!
Preparation and cooking times
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
• 1 onion , grated
• olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves , crushed
• 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
• 1 x 150ml pot double cream
• handful basil , chopped
• 300g penne
1. Cook the onion in 2 tbsp olive oil until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a couple more minutes. Tip in the tomatoes, and then simmer for 20 minutes until reduced and thickened. Stir in the cream and simmer for a couple of minutes, then stir in the basil.
2. Cook the pasta following packet instructions, drain and toss with the sauce.
539 kcalories, protein 12.5g, carbohydrate 64.9g, fat 27.3 g, saturated fat 12.3g, fibre 4.8g, salt 0.3 g