Preparation and cooking times
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 10 minutes
• 400g spaghetti
• 200g fresh or frozen peas
• 300g fresh crabmeat
• 5 tbsp reduced-fat crème fraîche
• 1 red chilli , deseeded and chopped
• handful parsley leaves, chopped
• zest 1 lemon, juice ½ lemon
1. Boil a large pan of salted water. Tip in the pasta, and then cook for about 7 minutes. Add the peas, and then cook for 2-3 minutes more until both are cooked through.
2. Drain in a colander, reserving a little cooking water, then tip back into the pan with the crabmeat and crème fraîche. Stir well with most of the remaining ingredients, adding a little of the pasta cooking water if the mixture seems a little dry. Serve sprinkled with a little extra chopped chilli, parsley and lemon zest.
If you can get them really immature, you can eat them pod and all. Really fresh pods are bright green and have a satiny look about them. The older the pea, the more cooking it will need so taste while cooking. Why not add a few mint leaves and a spoonful of sugar as they cook?