Guma Guma III finalists: Who will win?

The biggest local music competition is back, as 11 finalists battle it out for the title, which also comes with whoping prizes.Contestants in the Primus Guma Guma SuperStar season three (PGGSS 3) are; Mico Prosper, Knowless, Fireman, Dany Nanone, Senderi, Kamichi, Urban Boyz, Christopher, Riderman, Bull Dog and Dream Boys.
Kamichi promises to win the competition.
Kamichi promises to win the competition.

The biggest local music competition is back, as 11 finalists battle it out for the title, which also comes with whoping prizes.

Contestants in the Primus Guma Guma SuperStar season three (PGGSS 3) are; Mico Prosper, Knowless, Fireman, Dany Nanone, Senderi, Kamichi, Urban Boyz, Christopher, Riderman, Bull Dog and Dream Boys.

Who do you think will land the top spot in PGGSS 3? Every one of the contestants has great merit and lots of enthusiasts behind them. But which one will draw the most enthusiasm?

Will it be the gorgeous Knowless, who has captured many hearts with her velvety and melodic vocals? Will it be Eric Senderi, the self-proclaimed International Hits and versatile performance artiste who makes people laugh, look, and take notice as he draws on a keen eye and elaborate production values? Or will it be Bull Dog, whose music has caused a great deal of controversy?

The competition starts in May, with a nationwide road show. At the end of the country tour, there will be another provincial tour before the final contest, slated for July.

Contestants will have to work harder to win the competition — because Bralirwa Ltd, the organiser and sponsor of the annual music competition, has brought on board a penal of judges. Previously, the public voted for the contestants.

Audiences at each of the regional performances will determine their favourite musicians, and judges will also pick based on the vocals. The voting counts for 40 per cent and the remaining 60 per cent will be given out by the judges.

Judges include Kenya-based Burundian star Kidumu and Aaron Ntunga, a renowned Rwandan music producer. The other two judges, according to organisers, will be announced later as negotiations to bring them on board are still underway.

During the competition, each contestant will receive Rwf1 million as a wage by Bralirwa, and the winner will get  a Rwf24 million. Rwf6 million will be handed to him/ her in cash, while the rest will come in form of a salary and support in other activities, including an album launch.

Guma Guma is a music contest which brings together professional musicians, who compete to become the Primus Guma Guma SuperStar. The first edition was held in 2011 and was won by Tom Close, while in the second edition, King James was crowned the best artiste.

Subscribe to The New Times E-Paper


You want to chat directly with us? Send us a message on WhatsApp at +250 788 310 999    

 

Follow The New Times on Google News