Equity Bank is one financial institution that has continued to make an impact on the financial inclusion landscape of Rwanda. Having opened shop in Rwanda in 2011, the bank is celebrating its fifth anniversary in Rwanda this year; half a decade of making such tremendous contribution to the development of Rwanda in various sectors.
Under its tagline ‘’let’s grow together", the bank’s presence in Rwanda has been felt with undeniable impact on the whole society. It has financed individuals, corporate bodies, SMEs, different infrastructures, among others. The 5 years have been characterized by intense corporate social responsibility where the bank has given back to the people in various parts of the country; provided employment to Rwandans, improved accessibility through broadening its branch network as well as deploying more agents in different parts of the country.
It is infallible that the institution has made serious progress in such a short time. However, of all things, what makes the bank stand outstand is its peerless customer care experience its customers have enjoyed ever since.
Chijioke Akpu Pascal, Rwandair Pilot , a client with two accounts in the bank; a US Dollar account and a Rwanda Francs account says he chose the bank primarily because of its customer care.
"The customer service is impeccable and opening up the accounts was so much easy," he says.
The bank has a well decorated "customer table" at every branch where a customer care champion primarily engages with the clients, trying to find out how they can be better served by the bank.
Moreover, the customer care work is not limited to the customer care champions and branch managers, the Managing Director and the other officials of the bank always make efforts to approach different customers at the various branches of the bank just to discover to what extent they do find satisfaction in the services they are given.
The savings week at equity
The savings week was initiated in 2013 by the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning in partnership with the National Bank of Rwanda aiming at promoting the culture of savings among Rwandans.
This year’s savings week began on 25th October under the theme; "Saving: The Right Path to Self-Reliance," which is in line with the government long term goal of becoming middle income country by 2020 and enhancing long term savings for public and private sector investment.
For this year’s edition of the savings week, Equity Bank has presented two of its quality products: Jijenge and Super Junior savings accounts.
A Jijenge account today is for making long term savings for a specific goal. It is easy to open and convenient as usual, no ledger fees, and has interest remuneration.
Features of Jijenge:
- Minimum saving period of 6months
- Account operating and opening balance of Rwf 10,000
- Free internal standing orders
- Annual interest of 4% and payable on a minimum balance of Rwf 100,000
- Free withdrawal upon expiry of the contract
- Affordable with no Account maintenance balance or monthly charges
- Convenient, one can access the account through our branches countrywide, agents, ATM network and easy banking
- Automatic access to loan of 90% of amount saved
- Free photo on account opening
Account opening requirements:
- Original and photocopy of ID
- To fill Jijenge account opening form
On the other hand, the Super Junior savings account is a product where a parent opens up an account for a child to start him/her off on a journey of financial independence.
•Account opening requirements
• Easy to open & affordable
• No ledger fees
• Account operating and opening balance of Rwf 10,000
• Free branded safe box upon maintaining a balance of Rwf 100,000
• Free E-birthday card
• One free withdrawal per term
• Free cash deposit
• Discounted rate on school fees loan (parents)
• Interest remuneration 4% and payable on a minimum of Rwf 150,000
• It’s affordable. No account maintenance balance or monthly charges
• It’s convenient. One can access the account through our branches, agents, ATM network and easy banking
• Free financial educational booklet
Account opening requirements
• Parent’s original and copy of ID
• Original and photocopy of child ‘s birth Certification