ACCESS TO FINANCE RWANDA: Recruitment of a Head of Finance and Administration – AFR (Re – advertised)
AFR was launched in March 2010 at the request of the GoR (Government of Rwanda) and with support from DFID, the UK Department for International Development and the World Bank. Currently, the funders to AFR include DFID, SIDA, The MasterCard Foundation and KfW. The core objective of AFR is to remove systemic barriers to financial services by putting the poor at the centre of its interventions in Rwanda. Improving access to financial services for the rural poor and women is a particular focus. AFR’s objectives also include the focus on improving the depth and quality or usage of digital financial services through facilitating the Deepening Financial Sector (DFS) ecosystem and investing in innovation.
AFR focuseson stimulating financial sector development by partnering with financial institutions and other stakeholders to increase access to and use of financial services. AFR identifies and addresses constraints that prevent the financial market from reaching Rwanda’s low-income population, and promotes innovations and learning that result in sustainable change in the financial sector.
The organization has recently commenced its Phase 2 operations (2016-20) which will include:
- Development of Umurenge Savings and Credit Cooperatives (U-SACCOs);
- Supporting access and usage of value chain finance by smallholder farmers engaged in maize, coffee, tea, dairy and Irish potatoes;
- Promotion of insurance and informal sector pension scheme;
- Promotion of Digital Financial Services and Innovation Fund including the micro finance challenge fund; and
- Knowledge brokerage and market facilitation with focus to increase access and use of information and coordination within the financial sector.
AFR seeks to recruit a qualified and competent individualto fill the Head of Finance and Administrationposition.
Reporting to the Country Director, the Head of Finance & Administration’s role is to providestrategic leadership in the development and implementation of the organisation’sfinancial strategies and delivery of administration services and ensure that there is a sound financial reporting system andadministration framework which supports the implementation of AFR’s strategic objectives and goals. Specific responsibilities for the position include:
- Lead and develop AFR’s finance structures and frameworks that comprehensively support the implementation of AFR’s work plan and the achievement of strategic objectives;
- Support the Country Director in ensuring the financial wellbeing and viability of AFR;
- Ensure that AFR’s Grants management system is developed and operationalised to safe guard development partner’s funds and adds value to the implementing partner;
- Ensure that a sound financial system is operational and effective (by making available finances for organisation activities when required) and results in the accurate and consistent reporting to the development partners and stakeholders of the organization;
- Ensure that all of AFR’s resources (financial, physical and human) and systems are managed according to best practice and in compliance with the laws of Rwanda and AFR policy; and
- Lead the finance and administration department in a manner that empowers them to deliver excellent financial management services that are to the required standards and expectations in order to achieve AFR’s strategic objectives.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or closely related field and Masters degree in Business Administration from a reputable institution;
- Full professional accounting qualification such as ACCA/CPA; and
- Qualification in Human Resource Management (added advantage).
Experience and knowledge:
- 6-9 years progressive experience in financial management in medium to large size donor funded organisations;
- Proven expertise in developing and implementing financial controls and processes;
- Demonstrable experience in managing grants and knowledge of donor funding rules and regulations;
- Experience in managing procurement processes
- Extensive knowledge of international financial reporting standards and other accounting best practice;
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in budgeting and forecasting for business operations;
- Experience in managing Human Resources and Administration functions in medium/ large organization; and
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
How to apply
- If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for this role, please email your application to Executive Selection Division, KPMG at the following email address: email@example.comPlease state the title of the positionas the subject of your email. All applications should be sent via email. Those who applied earlier need not apply again.
- Please attach yourCVcontaining your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position and names &addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarising why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position.Do not attach any other documents at this point.
- Closing date for receipt of applications will be 18 November 2016.
- Please note that the position is open to Rwandan Nationals only.
- All applications will be selected on merit and only short listed candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact Executive Selection Division, KPMG on +256 414 347833, +256 414346294 or +256 414 340 315.
© 2016 KPMG Uganda, a Ugandan partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity.
All rights reserved.