RWANDA NATIONAL INVESTMENT TRUST (RNIT) ltd
Request for Expression of Interest
Recruitment of a Technical Advisor to the Rwanda National Investment Trust (RNIT) ltd
The Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning established an independent asset management company the ‘Rwanda National Investment Trust Limited [RNIT Ltd]’ with the aim of promoting assets (fund) management industry. The establishment of the RNIT is in line with the Government plans for achieving a sustainable and speedier development of capital market and other related financial services in the country.
In order to discharge its mandate, the Rwanda National Investment Trust [RNIT] intends to recruit a Technical Advisor (Individual Consultant) with the neccessary experience in setting up and managing Collective Investment Schemes [CISs].
2. Objective and Scope of work
The Technical Advisor shall set up and provide support in fund operations. The services of the Technical Advisor will include design of innovative schemes, funds management, operations and assist in recruitment and training of competent manpower
3. Competence and Qualifications
The desired technical Advisor must:
- Have a Master’s degree in finance or in a related field
- Understand the management of a mutual fund/unit trusts business
- Have at least 8 years experience in investment management
- Have been a senior manager in an investment management business with a focus on unit trust in a developing country for not less than 5 years
- A track record of relevant experience in developing or and launching of collective investment schemes
- Proven working experience with the capital market and stock exchange;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a performance improvement initiative;
- Demonstrated skills with staff communications and sensitivity to public relations;
- Excellent team management and interpersonal skills;
- Computer proficiency particularly in the use of MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, ), Internet Search Engines and web-services usage
- Excellent written and spoken English; a working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
4. Contract and starting period
The assignement shall run for a period of one year with a possibility of contract extension. The Technical Advisor should be ready to start immediately.
5. Duty station and reporting
The candidate will be based in Kigali and will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
6. Submission of applications
Interested candidates are invited to forward their application letter and curriculum vitae indicating three referees, to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
Rwanda National Investment Trust ltd,
8th floor Ecobank Building, Kigali;
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (the email subject must be: recruitment of Technical Advisor for RNIT)
BP 3064 Kigali-Rwanda
7. Application Deadline
Applications must reach RNIT not later that 16th March 2015.