Service Excellence Awards 2018 gala due this weekend

Emmanuel Mugisha, MD of East Africa Youth Development Awards, addresses the news conference to unveil the awards in Kigali yesterday. Courtesy photos.

Season III of the annual Service Excellence Awards is on this Saturday, at Lemigo Hotel in Kigali. According to organisers, the third edition will place special focus on the contribution of technology, and ICT toward improvement of the Service sector in the country.

This year, the awards return bigger and better, with 40 competition categories, from 18 categories last year, and 12 at the inaugural edition in 2016.

The awards were launched in December 2016, by East Africa Youth Development Agency. The first edition took place at the Kigali Serena Hotel, and the second edition at Park Inn by Radisson.

According to Emmanuel Mugisha, the managing director of East Africa Youth Development Agency, the awards seek to reward outstanding service by companies, institutions and celebrities, with a focus on how technology or ICT has contributed towards improvement of the Service sector in Rwanda.

The two-week public nomination window for the awards closes on Thursday, October 4, two days to the awards gala.

Online voting by the public will account for 40 per cent of the vote, while the other 60 per cent will be cast by organisers and the jury through research.

Attendance to the event will be 90 per cent by invite, while the remaining 10 per cent is for members of the general public.

East Africa Youth Development Agency, the organisers, are also behind similar awards like the Rwanda Broadcasters Excellence Awards, launched in 2013, and the Made in Rwanda Awards.

Categories

Best bank of the year

Insurance company of the year

Best airline of the year

Travel agency of the year

Tourism company of the year

Petrol station of the year

Retail shop/supermarket of the year

Best hotel of the year

Bar/night club of the year

Coffee shop/restaurant of the year

Forex and money transfer company of the year

Local transport company of the year

TV channel provider of the year

Internet service provider of the year

V show of the year

Online publishing website of the year

Hard copy magazine of the year

Radio show of the year

Telecom company of the year

Social media brand of the year

Food and Beverage Company of the year

Consumer product of the year

Manufacturing company of the year

Technology company of the year

Best mobile application of the year

Job recruitment agency of the year

Public institution of the year

Health center of the year

Online shopping website of the year

Learning institution of the year

Twitter personality of the year

Young innovation of the year

Incubation center/hub of the year

Gaming center of the year

Graphic design and printing company of the year

Digital marketing agency of the year

Miss social media 2018

Customer care personality award

Energy service provider of the year

Gaming centre of the year.

 

editorial@newtimes.co.rw

 

Have Your SayLeave a comment