51-year-old man succumbs to Covid-19

The Ministry of Health on Saturday, August 8, announced the death of a 51-year-old man who succumbed to Covid-19, becoming the sixth death from this pandemic in the country since mid-March.

“Condolences to the family of a 51-year-old man who passed away in Kigali,” the Ministry said in a tweet.

 

Previous Covid-19 deaths include an 88-year-old woman, a 78-year-old man and a truck driver who lived in a neighboring country and only returned to Rwanda in critical condition before passing away.

 

The other two were armed personnel serving in Rwandan peacekeeping contingents abroad and they include a 24-year-old policewoman and a Rwanda Defence Force (RDF) officer, who was 51 and had an underlying medical condition, according to the health ministry.

 

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Health said the country reported 6 new cases of this pandemic and three recoveries.

According to the statement, the new cases were detected among contacts of positive cases.

The results were obtained from 4,452 sample tests conducted in the past 24 hours.

So far, the country has conducted a total of 293,605 Covid-19 sample tests since mid-March.

In total, Rwanda has 2, 134 total confirmed cases of whom 1,300 have recovered.

editor@newtimesrwanda.com

Subscribe to The New Times E-Paper


For news tips and story ideas please WhatsApp +250 788 310 999    

 

Follow The New Times on Google News   

 

 

Consider AlsoFurther Articles