Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew before losing his royal titles, has been arrested and is in custody on suspicion of misconduct in public office. According to the BBC, unmarked police vehicles were seen arriving early Thursday at Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, where Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been living. ALSO READ: UK’s Prince Andrew gives up royal titles over sexual abuse accusations Although the BBC reported that he was arrested by Thames Valley Police and that searches were carried out in Norfolk and Berkshire, it said it was not clear exactly where the arrest took place. In a statement on Thursday, Thames Valley Police said it had arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk but did not name him. It added that it had opened an investigation into alleged misconduct in public office. “The man remains in police custody at this time.,” the statement read. “We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court,” it added. In October last year, Andrew announced that he would no longer use his royal title or the honours previously conferred upon him. He said the decision followed discussions with King Charles III, his immediate family, and the wider royal circle, concluding that continued controversy surrounding him had become a distraction from the work of the royal family. Andrew’s statement reaffirmed his 2020 decision to step back from public life following sexual abuse allegations linked to his association with the late disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein. While he repeatedly and “vigorously” denied the accusations, the shadow of the scandal persisted, eroding his public standing and limiting his participation in royal duties.