Terror suspects co-accused with Paul Rusesabagina in the ongoing trial of individuals linked to MRCD-FLN have accused him and his lawyer of intentionally delaying court. The 21 suspects arraigned before the High Court for International and Cross-border crimes on Friday, March 5. As it was mentioned last week when the trial was being postponed, Rusesabagina and his lawyer Rusesabagina were expected to present before court a new objection. While presenting the challenge on Friday, Rusesabagina said that he was kidnapped, and is illegally in Rwanda. He was accompanied by his lawyer, Felix Rudakemwa. On claims that the prosecution delayed filing their submission, Rudakemwa requested an additional one week to closely look into prosecution’s submission, and after that period resume the trial. However, prosecution stated that Rusesabagina and his lawyers had earlier presented the same objection and that it had duly submitted a response. According to Rusesabagina’s co-accused and their lawyers, the reason behind the request of postponing the trial is to delay court proceedings. “The theatrics by Rusesabagina and his lawyers is akin to a student who fears an exam. Court should put into consideration the fact that we are many in this case; 21 accused, civil parties, etc.,” said Callixte Nsabimana (Sankara) who was once the Spokesperson of FLN militia group. Moise Nkundabarashi, the lawyer of Nsabimana, also said that the trial should not stick to one accused only. He said: “Weve already had three hearings and all have rotated around one suspect; Rusesabagina. This court should pronounce itself on a clear roadmap of the trial and whoever deviates gets penalized.” The same declaration was made by most lawyers representing other suspects and those representing civil parties who underscored that they want the trial to proceed in the interest of judicial equity. Deliberating on the request of Rusesabagina and his lawyer, the court ruled that the trial proceeds and whenever Rusesabagina will feel ready to defend his submission it shall entertain him. The 21 suspects involved in the case are accused of terrorism crimes linked to attacks that took place between 2018 and 2019 in south-western part of Rwanda and claimed nine lives.