Rwandan forward Lague Byiringiro has said he is ready to work harder than ever as he embarks on a new chapter with South African Premier League side Durban City FC.
The 25-year-old is set to leave Rwanda on Friday, August 7, after reaching an agreement with Durban City FC.
Byiringiro has signed a two-year contract with the South African club, with the deal taking effect ahead of the 2026/27 season.
Speaking ahead of his departure, the former APR FC and Police FC attacker said the move presents an opportunity to revive his career and challenge himself at a higher level.
"I am very happy to have this opportunity to join Durban City FC. It is a new challenge for me and I want to work hard from day one to prove myself,” he said.
"My main focus now is to perform well, help my new club achieve its objectives, and fight to regain my place in the national team. I know it will require hard work, commitment and consistency, but I am ready for that challenge.”
The winger returns abroad for a second stint after previously featuring for Swedish side Sandvikens IF between 2023 and 2024.
Before his move to Europe, he played for local clubs Vision FC, APR FC, and Police FC, where he established himself as one of the country's most talented attacking players.
Byiringiro believes his previous experience outside Rwanda will help him settle quickly in South Africa.
"I learned a lot during that period (in Sweden) and I believe that experience will help me adapt quickly and succeed in South Africa,” he added.
Durban City FC recently secured promotion to South Africa’s top-flight league and are strengthening their squad ahead of their first season in the elite division.