I know how much you are concerned about your child’s studies. But you also have to take some preparations. Here are some tips for parents who want to help their children pass.
1. Often visit your child’s school before exams, see their teachers and get feedback about your child’s class performance.
2. Speak openly to your child so that they feel that they are safe to share any of their problems with you and thus keep a good understanding relationship with your child. Don’t blame them if they got low marks. Instead help them to increase their confidence.
3. Sit with your child and help them in their revision whenever you get time. Also help them to make a good time table.
4. Speak with them and try to make them aware about the importance of studying and that you care about their studies.
5. Allow them to play, watch television and relax a bit. If possible make them participate in some extracurricular activities. This will have a long term effect on your child’s personality development. Remember a sound mind makes a sound body.
6. Be careful about the food you feed them on exam days. It is better to avoid foods that are starchy so that they don’t sleep. Instead give them milk, honey and some chocolate that will make them relaxed.
7. Ensure that they get enough sleep, at least for six hours daily.
8. On exam day, wish them luck and send them off happily. Don’t make them unhappy no matter what, before and during exams.