• The first letters of the months July through to November spell JASON and the names of all continents both start and end with the same letter.
• Coca-Cola translated to Chinese means “To make mouth happy”.
Sponges hold more cold water than hot.
• The only continent with no active volcanoes is Australia.
• White cats with blue eyes are usually deaf.
• All the blinking in one day equates to having your eyes closed for 30 minutes.
• An acronym isn’t just an abbreviation for something. It is an abbreviation for something that you can sound out. For instance, AIDS. Initialism is an abbreviation for something that cannot be sounded out. • For instance, CNLG.
• A hummingbird’s heart beats at over a 1,000 times a minute. By the way, hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards.
• A duck can’t walk without bobbing its head.
• Hippopotamuses have killed more people in Africa than any other animal
• A strawberry is the only fruit which seeds grow on the outside
• The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.
• Left-handed people have a greater chance of being geniuses since 20 percent of all Mensa members are left-handed.
• The name for Oz was thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N, and O-Z, hence “Oz.”
• The word ‘Strengths’ is the longest word in the English language with just one vowel.
• A group of frogs is called an army, a group of rhinos is called a crash, a group of kangaroos is called a mob, a group of whales is called a pod, a group of geese is called a gaggle, and a group of owls is called a parliament.
• Having five Fridays in one month happens often, but the next time there will be five Fridays in February won’t be until the year 2036! This July is special.
• The word ‘testify’ was derived from a time when men were required to swear on their testicles.
• There is no sound in space.
• The longest living cells in the body are brain cells which can live an entire lifetime.
• During your lifetime, you will produce 25,000 quarts of saliva, which is enough to fill two swimming pools.
Quote of the day:
Chance favors a prepared mind.