• People between the ages of 10-14 years are called TWEENS. From 14-19 years of age are TEENS and the famous 9 year-olds and below are called KIDS!
• Armadillos have four babies at a time and are all the same sex.
• The longest recorded flight of a chicken was 13 seconds. If you have a chicken at home, train it to break the record.
• A lobster’s blood is colourless but when exposed to oxygen it turns blue.
• ‘Topolino’ is the name for Mickey Mouse in Italy.
• Most people in Rwanda use Facebook. I would say it’s very easy to use and interesting in a way. Nevertheless, I was really surprised to know that His Excellency Kagame Paul prefers Twitter to Facebook. He twits big time.
• Hydrogen is an explosive gas. Oxygen supports combustion. Yet when these are combined they form water which is used to put out fires.
• Sponges hold more cold water than hot.
• If you try to say the alphabet without moving your lips or tongue every letter will sound the same.
• One teacher once said, if you removed the stomach, the spleen, 75% of the liver, 80% of the intestines, one kidney, one lung, and virtually every organ from the pelvic and groin area, the human body would still be able to survive. Do you believe it? Strange but true.
• Los Angeles full name is El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula--and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size: L.A
• Sovereign Military Order of Malta (S.M.O.M.) is the smallest sovereign entity in the world. It is located in the city of Rome in Italy, has an area of two tennis courts, and as of 2001, has a population of eighty, twenty less people than the Vatican. It is a sovereign entity under international law, just as the Vatican is.
Dragonflies have 6 legs but can’t walk.
• A strawberry is the only fruit where seeds grow on the outside.
• Elephant’s ears are used to regulate body temperature.
• The most common mental illnesses are anxiety and depression.
• The word LASER stands for ‘Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation
• The coins thrown into the Trevi fountain in Italy are collected for charity.
• The most commonly forgotten item for travelers is their toothbrush
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. ~Proverbs 22:6