• The first man to die in the famous Vietnam was James Davis, in 1961. He was with the 509th Radio Research Station.
Davis Station in Saigon was named for him. During the Vietnam War, 58,148 were killed in Vietnam, 75,000 were severely disabled while 23,214 were 100% disabled. 5,283 lost limbs, 1,081 sustained multiple amputations but only 240 men were awarded the Medal of Honor after the Vietnam War.
• When Uganda and Kenya both took the field in white shirts for the Rugby Union International at Entebbe in 1935, a lady spectator saved the day by racing on to the pitch carrying a bottle of black dye. She hastily dyed the Uganda shirts black and the game went ahead with the home team playing in wet shirts.
• The Battle of Tanga in East Africa in 1914 was decided by a swarm of bees. Supported by untrained Indian troops, the British took on the might of the German army. All went well until, angered by the noise and bullets, the aggressive African bees emerged from their hives and chased the Indians back to the coast. The British were forced to evacuate and ended up losing over 1000 men.
• There are at least two words in the English language that use all of the vowels, in the correct order, and end with letter Y: abstemiously & facetiously.
• There is a word in the English language with only one vowel, which occurs five times: “indivisibility.”
• There are only two sequences of four consecutive letters that can be found in the English language: “rstu” and “mnop.” Examples of each are understudy and gynophobia.
• The three words in the English language with the letters “uu” are: vacuum, residuum and continuum.
• The first message tapped by Samuel Morse over his invention the telegraph was: “What hath God wrought?”The first words spoken by over Alexander Bell over the telephone were: “Watson, please come here. I want you.”
• The letter most in use in the English language is “E” and the letter “Q” is least used.
• Oh!! Latin is a dead language and the Chinese language does not require punctuation.
• The most difficult language to learn is Basque, which is spoken in northwestern Spain and southwestern France.