• Dry and chapped lips look extremely unattractive. For that reason women need to start by drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily so as to regain lost moisture and keep your body hydrated.
• To remove dead cells, regular scrubbing of the lips is also very essential. For this purpose a scrub can be prepared by mixing one teaspoon of honey with baking soda and some drops of olive oil. It has to be applied on the lips and kept for 2-3 minutes. Then rub gently with the fingers and wash off with warm water.
• Exfoliate your lips once a week. Wet a soft toothbrush and gently brush your lips with a circular motion. Also, sugar and salt can be mixed together and rubbed on the lips.
• Before going to bed, one can apply a little butter, Vaseline or ghee. This keeps lips moisturised and soft.
• Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Grind Rose petals and apply on lips to get smooth pink lips. Additionally, eat plenty of raw cucumber and carrots because they smoothen your lips and make your skin glow.
• To avoid black lips that have been caused by drinking too much tea, coffee or by smoking, massage your lips with lemon juice, to avoid the black colour of lips.