• The term «honeymoon» is derived from the Babylonians who declared mead, a honey-flavored wine, the official wedding drink, stipulating that the bride’s parents be required to keep the groom supplied with the drink for the month following the wedding.
• It was the favorite fruit of founder Steve Jobs. He was three months late in filing a name for the business, and he threatened to call his company Apple Computers if the other colleagues didn’t suggest a better name by 5 O’clock. That’s how apple computers derived their name.
• His Excellency president Paul Kagame is a great fan of a basketball team in the U.S called MIAMI heats, he was given a T-shirt written on PK number 1, indicating him to be their number one fan. In soccer, he is a fan of premier ship; specifically arsenal football club.
• The symbol on the “pound” key (#) is called an octothorpe. Fish cough...
• The number 4 is the only number in the English language that has the same number of letters in its name as its meaning.
• When you give someone roses, the color can have a meaning. The meaning of rose colors:
Red = Love and respect
Deep pink = Gratitude, appreciation
Light pink = Admiration, sympathy
White = Reverence, humility
Yellow = Joy, gladness
Orange = Enthusiasm, desire
Red & yellow blend = Gaiety, joviality
Pale blended tones = Sociability, friendship
• Both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew cannabis sativa (marijuana) on their plantations.
• Only one foreign country--Liberia in Africa--has a capital city named after an American president. The capital is Monrovia, named after James Monroe.
• Giraffes are the only animals born with horns. Both males and females are born with bony knobs on the forehead.