• In Singapore, it is illegal to chew gum.
• In New Jersey, cabbages can't be sold on Sunday.
• Sharks can live up to 100 years. Humans have 46
chromosomes, peas have 14 and crayfish have 200.
• KIWIS are the only birds which hunt by sense
• The only 2 animals that can see what’s behind it without turning their heads are the rabbit and the parrot.
• Until the nineteenth century, solid blocks of
tea were used as money in Siberia.
• Vitamin K is necessary for clotting of blood.
• Giraffes can not swim.
• Bird Feeding; do not feed birds on avocado since its a toxic to birds.
• Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous
system. A chocolate portion is enough to kill
a small sized dog.
• An OWL is the only bird, which can rotate its
head to 270 degrees.
• By the age of sixty, most people have lost half
of their taste buds.
• The X's that people use to sign off in letters or notes to mean a kiss, actually started back in the 1000's when Lords would sign their names at the end of documents to other important people. It was originally a cross that they would kiss after signing to signify that they were faithful to God and their King. Over the years though, it slanted into the X.
• The term Cop comes from Constable on
Patrol, which is a term used in England.
• Forest fires move faster uphill than downhill.
• Porcupines float on water.
• Pinocchio is Italian for "pine eye".
• The longest recorded flight of a chicken is
• A hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute
• Camels have three eyelids to protect
themselves from sand.