Your appearance matters as it sends the apparent external massage of how you feel about your inner self. If a man doesn’t care about his outside shell, this shows how messy in the inside he could be.
People usually judge us by the way we appear. In most cases those judgments are immediate, instinctive and often long lasting, especially if negative. Men should be careful; you don’t want to lose that job or the love of your life because of your grungy looks.
Before we embark on how to smart-up, here are some common mistakes which make you a fashion disaster!
1) Backpacks - never carry a back-pack or a gym-bag when you’re wearing a suit, it (suit) will look borrowed.
2) Colours - Avoid shouting colours. Going to a night club shouldn’t be an excuse for wearing shinny lime-green shirt or orange glittery t-shirt. A black t-shirt or shirt which can be worn with jeans or trousers and casual shoes can save you the humiliation.
3) Walking billboard - Wearing a designer’s name on your chest doesn’t make you stylish. Unless it’s a firm t-shirt, try to keep it simple and understated.
4) Socks with beach sandals - wearing socks with sandals makes you a clown. If you want to wear sandals this badly but the climate is cold, move to a warmer environment.
5) Trousers should be long enough to cover your socks, and socks should cover your shins even when you are crossing you legs. Your trousers should just cover the heel of your shoe.
6) If you’re above 21 years of age, steer away from clothes that are too loose. Pocket-down and baggy clothes should be left to Hip-hop artists and wannabes.
7) Brother, its 2010, clipping your cell phone to your belt is utterly unfashionable; keep it in your pocket.
8) Tucking T-shirts in- t-shirts should be kept casual and not on any occasion should they be tucked-in.
Next time before you step out, first check-out your exterior, if you like what you see, pat yourself on the shoulder and hit the road.