1. Modern technology Owes Ecology an Apology
(Allan M. Edison20)
2. In the underdeveloped Country don’t drinks the water, in a developed Country, don’t breathe the air.
(Changing Times magazine)
3. Thank God men can’t fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth. (Henry David Thoreau)
4. There’s so much pollution in the air now that if it weren’t for the lungs there’d be no place to put it all –Robert Orben
5. Don’t blow it –good planets are hard to find (quoted in the Times)
6. I’m not an environmentalist-Am Earth warrior, (Darryl Cherney)
7. I think Environment should be put in the category of our
8. Defense of our resources is just as important as Defense abroad. Otherwise what is there to defend? (Robert Redford)
9. We never know the worth or water till the well is dry.
10. Let us permit nature to take her own way; she understands her own affairs than us. (Michel de Montagne)
11. We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children (Native American Proverb)
12. They kill good trees to put out bad newspapers (James G. Watt)
13. I’m the Earth. You’re the Earth. The Earth is dying. You and I are murderers (Ymber Delecto)
14. For 200 years we’ve been conquering Nature. Now we’re beating it to death.(Tom Mc Milan )
15. If civilization has risen from Stone Age, it can rise again from Wastepaper Age (Jacque Barzun)
16. A virgin Forest is where a hand of man has never set foot.
17. When we heal the Earth, we heal our selves, (David Orr)
18. Take care of the Earth and she will take care of you.
19. How can the spirit of the Earth like the white man? Everywhere the white man touched it, it is sore
20. Nature always strikes back! It takes all the running we can do to remain in the same place. (Rene Dubos)
Compiled by Martin Bishop