Hair requires more attention during the rainy season, because of the additional humidity and additional moisture in air during the rainy season it becomes oily and falls flat without any bounce. Usually, the texture of the hair becomes dull and lifeless. As the scalp is constantly wet, itchiness and scratching cause discomfort and hair loss. The seasonal hair loss requires careful treatment as the hair grows back again once the season is over but it in breakages.
Avoid using mousse and gels as far as possible. Also try not to have any chemical treatment done to hair during these months. Henna is a good conditioner to make the hair thicker and stronger. Diligent hair care is needed to maintain the healthy and good looks of your hair
Certain scalp diseases become more prevalent in the wet season-- exposure to rainwater and consequent warm, humid conditions encourage the growth of bacteria and fungi on the scalp.
Painful pus-filled boils due to bacterial infections are fairly common in this season, not to mention severely itchy, flaking patches of fungal infection, which result in hair loss in the affected area. Lice infestation is also too common in the rains; lice breed during this season.
And what’s more, such infestations are not just a poor man’s problem -- well-to-do, hygiene-conscious people can also be easily infected.
To avoid bad hair during this season;
• Use a mild shampoo with no alcohol that won’t dry out the hair. Use the shampoo on scalp and roots. The ends get cleansed while rinsing.
• Use a conditioner or a cream rinse every time after shampooing. Conditioners soften the hair while adding nutrients and give the hair a shine. Cream rinse provides a light conditioning, detangle the hair and still give it shine.
• Dry the hair carefully: use a wide toothed, hard rubber or plastic comb (metal breaks the hair) to gently detangle the hair. Ideally one should allow the hair to dry.
• Gently dry the hair with towel before blow-drying. Hold hair dryer at least six inches away from head to minimize heat damage.
Massaging the head is also very important it increases the blood flow to the hair follicles and beneath the scalp. This helps the growth of healthy hair.
Oil massage extremely relaxes body and mind. Massage is especially beneficial for dry hair as it increases blood circulations and produces natural oil. Do not use too much oil for massaging for oily hair as there is enough natural oil in scalp. When massaging your head;
• The oil should always be lukewarm, which enables it to enter the pores of follicles easily.
• Add one vitamin E capsules to the oil and then massage the scalp.
• The oil should be applied with the help of a cotton pad.
• Massage should be done with fingertips only.
• Avoid vigorous massage after oiling as this can cause weak and brittle hair to fall.
• Oil interferes with adequate cleaning therefore avoid a massage before shampooing.
After the shampooing process and massage- one can decide to go for and choose which braids fits them well and can go to any saloon in towns which specializes in braiding, and braid your hair for the ultimate protection.
Professionals in the hair care always advice to braid the hair during the rainy season and since braids can last at least a month or two depending on how one takes care of them it is a sure way of protecting your hair through out the entire rainy season and you will not regret it!