• 6,000,000 is the number of Jews, Roma and other people killed by Nazi (GERMANY) during World War II.
• 1,700,000 is the number of cambodians killed by Khmer Rouge from 1975 to 1979.
• 1,000,000 is the number of people killed by Hutu extremists in Rwanda during the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi that started from 6th April to July for 100 days. The Rwanda genocide is considered to be the fastest killing in such a short time.
• 200,000 to 340,000 is the number of Serbians killed by the government of Yugoslavia during World War II.
• 85,000 to 110,000 is the number of indigenous Mayas people killed by Guatemala’s military government from 1981 to 1983 during Guatemala s civil war.
• 200,000 is the number of east Timorese people killed during Indonesians effort to assimilate the region in 1975.
• 1951 is the year Genocide officially became a crime under international law as mandated by the United Nations International Convention on the prevention and punishment of the crime of Genocide.
• July 1st, 2002 is the day the International Criminal Court officially became ratified. Located in the Netherlands, the court granted global jurisdiction and the ability to try and punish people who have committed genocide, crimes against humanity, crimes of aggression and war crimes.
• Algebra, calculus, trigonometry, the number zero (0) a game called chess, were invented in India and Hotmail, a based e-mail program was created by an Indian named Sabeer Bhatia.
• Insects stretch in the morning and they do not make noises with their voices, the noise of flies, bees, mosquitoes is caused by the rapid movement of their wings.
Friday James is a S6 student at Lycee De Kigali Secondary School