Anytime was tea time for me until when I was told by my doctor to cut down on my tea consumption because as a result of too much tea- I sleep very few hours.
Since I take my tea sugarless I thought I was treading on safe grounds only to be told that even without sugar too much tea is not good for my health.
I was devastated to say the least, because for me I cannot imagine not taking my cup of tea. Since I rarely have sleep, many nights I wake up to read, watch TV or even write with a cup of tea on my side, tea has been my companion for many years.
I cannot even count the number of cups I take in a day and that I was informed is bad enough. It looks like as if am addicted to tea just like any other Johnnie who is addicted to his cigarette.
I had to get facts as to why tea is bad, because for me tea is my loyal friend, if I don’t feel like a meal, I take a cup of tea and it lifts my spirit, tea also heals my headaches and that is a sign that am a tea addict; now you can imagine being told to cut down on the number of cups I consume per day.
If you are like me, then continue reading and be informed as to why you should not take more than three cups of tea in a day.
• Contains Tanine, a toxic element that disturbs the digestion process as the secretion of juices is affected by it. Tanine affects the water content in the body, as a result of which the skin becomes brittle and rough.
• It contains caffeine, which is detrimental to health. It affects the nervous system and keeps a person awake at night. It can also raise blood pressure.
• those who are predisposed to frequent attacks of heartburn and stomach ulcers should avoid too much of green tea. It can aggravate the condition
• Excessive tea drinking leads to excessive passing of urine, but the toxic element are not gotten rid of. Urine gets solidified, forming uric acid which gets deposited in joints resulting in gout and arthritis
• Too much of tea causes giddiness, sore throat, insomnia, blood impurity as well as paralysis
• it is bad for teeth. Gums get weakened
• High tea consumption causes lethargy and headaches
What to do when the craving for tea strikes
• Drink water or fresh juice
• Eat fruits and any other healthy snack
• Try not to think of the tea, instead one can decide to be busy
I don’t know if I will be able to persevere with only three cups of tea in a day, but then if I want to live longer I have no option.
If you have been having the said symptoms then know that they are as a result of tea addiction. Take a cup or two in a day and lead a healthy lifestyle!