• Some Rwandese believe that when a car knocks you, and your shoe is removed from your foot, you die. If not, you survive.
• People who cannot taste or smell, suffer from anosmia.
• Some types of fish communicate by making noises in their throats by rasping their teeth; others use their swim bladders to make sounds.
• The word “Crossword” in Kiswahili is “chemshe bongo” which, when translated, means “boil brains”.
• “Hotel Rwanda”, a film by Irish director Terry George, was inspired in the Rwandan genocide (1993-1995).
“Hotel Rwanda” was nominated for 3 Oscars (Best Actor, Best Supporting Actress, and Best Original Screenplay).
• Giraffe’s tongue’s are blue and can extend more than 40cm long.
• There are no ants in Iceland, Antarctica, and Greenland.
• The starfish is the only animal that can turn its stomach inside out.
• Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
• Canada in India means “big village”.
• A cat has 32 muscles in each ear and Jellyfish do not have brains.
• The milk of a hippopotamus is bright pink.