Although Christmas day is meant to be a happy and joyful, at times people you relate with can make it stressful. People you don’t rhyme with can make Christmas day terrible.
Here are tips on how to relate with everyone on Christmas, even the ones you don’t get along with.
• Make time with those you love. talk to them and try to make them happy
• Try to put long standing disagreements aside for the day and create room to enjoy your selves.
• Avoid known triggers for example if politics is a known touchy sensitive topic in your family don’t talk about it if some one brings up the topic make efforts to distract it and quickly move unto some thing else.
• Introduce interesting stories that will keep the mood of the people around in good spirits so you will not feel the tension.
• Use relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or focusing on your breath so you can cope and control tension and anxiety.
• Use a little self control so you don’t say any thing or do any thing that is hurtful to the other people around.
• Steer clear of disagreements. with a light drink take some cold water or a glass out juice
• Avoid over indulging in alcohol because too much of it usually causes some on to contribute to un necessary arguments; make sure you don’t make your self look an embarrassment.
• Make the day fun for the kids around, it will be easier for you because they usually tend to lift up spirits.
• Take some time out as well as off, allow some time for your self alone and away from noise.
• Put your differences a side. this is a day for people to be happy and not to hold unto old time grudges so spread out the celebration.