It is fifteen to five, you are at your office desk and then you remember you have to go out with friends after work. You start to panic because you realize that you are not appropriately dressed and have so little time left to get ready.
At this moment you need a quick wardrobe miracle and the belt could just be the item you need. Simple as it may be, the belt can transform any look from fine to fantastic! No matter what you are wearing, add the belt to it for a pinch of spice and glamour.
Once upon a time, the belt was a modest tool to keep your pants up. Nothing fashionable or glamorous about it, it was born out of necessity. Not in this day and age, today belts are one of the most preferred fashion accessory.
From wide to skinny, bejeweled, basic or bright, the belt is one of the few accessories that have the ability to take any outfit up a notch.
As such every woman needs to have a collection of these fashion boosters and are available in different shapes, sizes and colors. You don’t have buy expensive ones but rather get those that flatter your figure best.
HOW TO WEAR THE BELT
Belts can be tricky things to wear if you do not have the body of a runway model. Wearing the wrong size for your body type could actually accentuate those parts of your body that you are trying hard to hide.
• If you are quite big especially around your tummy area, go for belts that are wide and dark in color and wear these in the middle of your waist to achieve a slimming effect.
• Stay away from wide belts if you have a rather petite form because it takes the focus away from your figure.
• Depending on the kind of outfit you can wear the belt in different places. The traditional and safest place to wear your belt is the middle of your waist. However you can also wear it at your hip or above your waist.
• Skinny belts look better on short dresses that finish above the knees. On the other hand for a sexy look with a short skirt and top go for a wide belt.
• Wide metal and leather belts are the latest in-things, they look quite bold and work very well worn over dresses or with loose blouses and pants.
We could go on and on about this fashion accessory but the best thing about the belt is that you can wear it for a casual or formal effect.
So no matter your shape or size you can still have fun wearing this waist-wringing item.
It’s not even necessary to match them with your other accessories like shoes or hand bag, they can stand on their own and add their unique touch to whatever you wear. There will never be a bad time or a bad occasion to get belted!