• Thomas Jefferson wrote his own epitaph without mentioning that he was US President.
• The straw was probably invented by Egyptian brewers to taste in-process beer without removing the fermenting ingredients which floated on the top of the container.
• It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.
• Presidents Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, and Kennedy were assassinated in office.
• Roe River — the world’s shortest river
• Goat’s eyes have rectangular pupils.
• The two longest one-syllable words in the English language are “screeched” and “strengths.”
• The hyoid bone, in your throat, is the only bone in the body not attached to another bone.
• Mice, whales, elephants, giraffes and man all have seven neck vertebra.
• Sunbeams that shine down through the clouds are called crepuscular rays.
• German has a wood for the peace offerings brought to your mate when you’ve committed some conceived slight. This Is “drachenfutter” or dragon’s Food.
• In Chinese, the words for crisis and opportunity are the same.
Friday James is an S5 student
at Lycee De Kigali Secondary School