• In Italian: “MAFIA” means "BEAUTY, EXCELLENCE and BRAVERY"
• The lightest organ in the human body is the lung.
• A kind of jellyfish (Turritopsis nutricula) upon reaching adulthood can transform itself back to childhood by converting its cells. It may repeat this to live forever.
• The Horseshoe crab has blue blood.
• The Ottoman Empire once had seven emperors in seven months. They died in this order from: burning, choking, drowning, stabbing, heart failure, poisoning and being thrown from a horse.
• King Henry III of France, Louis XVI of France and Napoleon all suffered from ailurophobia--fear of cats.
• Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time
• The word "queueing" is the only English word with five consecutive vowels.
• There are only four words in the English language which end in '-dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous
• 1 × 8 + 1 = 9
• 12 × 8 + 2 = 98
• 123 × 8 + 3 = 987 and so on.
It’s not your aptitude, but your attitude that will determine your altitude.
Friday James is an S5 student
at Lycee De Kigali Secondary School