BY the time you are 45 years old, you should be getting a glimmer of what age has in store for you.
1. Develop and maintain a strong social support network of family, friends, and colleagues.
2. Develop a personal exercise program combining aerobics and weight work.
3. Take charge of your brain. Make an active commitment to learning and growth.
4. Take charge of your financial future. Plan, plan, and plan. If you are single, don’t count on getting married to finance your old age.
5. Eat a low-fat, high-fiber diet. Learn to live on fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes as much as possible.
6. Stay aware of the latest nutritional information.
7. Don’t fall for fad diets. When something sounds too good to be true such as The Atkins’ Diet, it usually is.
8. Remember that the pharmaceutical industry makes money from selling drugs.
9. Practice light to no drinking.
10. No smoking, no matter what.
11. Remain goal oriented. Regardless of your age, still set one, five, ten and twenty-year goals. Keep on growing!
12. Don’t become more conservative than ever. Age is an attitude.