• Camel's milk does not curdle.
• The only "real" food that U.S. Astronauts are allowed to take into space is pecan nuts.
• The Madagascan Hissing Cockroach is one of the few insects who give birth to live young, rather than laying eggs.
• The book of Esther in the Bible is the only book which does not mention the name of God.
• Soweto in South Africa was derived from SOuth WEst TOwnship.
• The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.
• Goat's eyes have rectangular pupils.
• The two longest one-syllable words in the English language are "screeched" and "strengths."
• It takes a lobster approximately seven years to grow to be one pound.
• The Roman emperor Caligula made his horse a senator.
• The hyoid bone, in your throat, is the only bone in the body not attached to another bone
• Mice, whales, elephants, giraffes and man all have seven neck vertebra.
• Sunbeams that shine down through the clouds are called crespucular rays
• All porcupines float in water.
• Residents of the island of Lesbos are Lesbo sians, rather than Lesbians. (Of course, lesbians are called lesbians because Sappho was from Lesbos.)
• In Chinese, the words for crisis and
opportunity are the same.
• Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them, used to burn their houses down - hence the expression "to get fired."
• Canada is an Indian word meaning
• The longest chapter in the Bible is Psalm 119.
• The shortest verse in the Bible is