Use seasonal veg in a new way with this light one-pot
Preparation and cooking times
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
• olive oil
• ½ bunch spring onions , cut into 2cm pieces
• 2 sticks celery , finely chopped
• 150g baby carrots , halved
• 100g spelt
• 700ml vegetable stock or chicken stock
• 200g broad beans , blanched and podded
• ½ small bunch tarragon ,
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Gently cook the spring onions for a few minutes. Add the celery, carrots and spelt, and then pour in the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until the spelt is tender but still nutty, about 20-25 minutes.
2. Add the broad beans and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tarragon and cook for a minute before serving.
318 kcalories, protein 13.4g, carbohydrate 46.4g, fat 9.4 g, saturated fat 0.9g, fibre 12.1g, salt 3.71 g