Spice up your midweek chicken with a sticky soy glaze
Preparation and cooking times
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 45 minutes
• 8 skin-on chicken thighs
• 2 tbsp clear honey
• chopped coriander , to serve
FOR THE MARINADE
• 2 tsp vegetable oil
• 2 tbsp tamari
• 3 tbsp Sherry or rice wine
• 5 tbsp stem ginger in syrup, chopped
• 6 garlic cloves , crushed
• 1-2 red chillies , deseeded and
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Slash the skin on each chicken thigh 2-3 times. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss the chicken in the marinade until completely coated, then either cook straight away or cover and chill for a few hrs to marinate.
2. To cook, place the chicken in a shallow roasting tin in a single layer and pour over the marinade. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Drizzle with honey, place under a medium grill and cook for 3 minutes more, until the skin is golden and crisp.
3. Place the chicken on a serving plate and tip all the cooking juices into a small saucepan, pouring off any excess fat. Over a medium heat, bubble down the juices until thick and syrupy. Drizzle over the chicken and scatter with coriander.
656 kcalories, protein 46g, carbohydrate 20g, fat 43 g, saturated fat 13g, fibre 0g, sugar 19g, salt 1.95 g