The whole family will enjoy this hand-held supper for a quick TV dinner
Preparation and cooking times
Prep 15 - 20 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
• 140g frozen broad beans , podded if you want
• 2 sirloin or rump steaks , weighing about 450g/1lb in total
• 1 tbsp olive oil , for brushing
• 200g medium cheddar , grated
• 8 flour tortillas
• 1 jalapeño pepper , chopped
• 1 large tomato , chopped
• 2 tbsp chopped coriander
• salsa , to serve (optional)
1. Half-fill a ridged pan or frying pan with water, bring to the boil, and then cook the beans for 1 min before draining. Dry the pan.
2. Brush steaks with oil and season. Fry in the pan over a high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, and then thinly slice.
3. Divide the cheese over one half of each tortilla, then top with the steak, broad beans, jalapeños, tomato and coriander. Fold over the other half of the tortilla to make 8 half-moon shapes and press down to seal. Brush the tops with a little more oil.
4. Heat the frying pan over a high heat and cook the quesadillas, oiled-side down, in batches for 1-2 minutes until crisp. Brush the uncooked sides with remaining oil, then carefully flip over and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, if you like.
Like spicy food?
If you like your food spicy, rub the steaks with ½ tsp cumin seeds and ½ tsp chilli powder before frying.
737 kcalories, protein 49g, carbohydrate 49g, fat 40 g, saturated fat 18g, fibre 4g, sugar 4g, salt 3.61 g