This satisfying dish is packed full of zingy flavours, and it’s low-fat too
Preparation and cooking times
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
Plus 10 minutes marinating
• zest and juice 1 lime
• 1 tbsp maple syrup or clear honey
• thumb-size piece fresh root ginger , cut into matchsticks, plus 1 tsp grated root ginger
• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
• 450g sweet potatoes , roughly chopped
• 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Mix half the lime zest and all the juice with the maple syrup and grated ginger. Slash each chicken breast 3-4 times with a sharp knife, then coat well with the marinade. Set aside for 10 minutes. Heat the grill and line the grill tray with foil.
2. Cook the sweet potatoes in salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and mash well, adding the rest of the lime zest, plus some seasoning. Meanwhile, grill the chicken breasts for 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and slightly caramelised.
3. Heat the oil in a small frying pan. When it’s really hot, add the ginger matchsticks and fry for 1 min until the ginger is crisp. Lift out the matchsticks with a slotted spoon, and then stir the mash into the ginger infused oil. Divide the mash between 2 plates, top each with a chicken breast, scatter with the crisp ginger and serve with some sugar snap peas.
Nutrition serving per
418 calories, protein 37g, carbohydrate 54g, fat 8 g, saturated fat 2g, fibre 5g, salt 0.45 g