Spice up white fish fillets with a flavoured butter and serve with fluffy sweet potato mash
Preparation and cooking times
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
• 2 large sweet potatoes , peeled and cut into chunks
• 2 tsp butter , softened
• 1 garlic clove , crushed
• 0.5-1 tsp harissa (Belazu is good)
• zest 1 lemon
• small handful coriander , most chopped, rest left whole
• fingertip-size piece fresh root ginger , finely grated
• 2 skinless white fish fillets (look for sustainably caught)
1. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling, salted water for about 10 minutes or until just tender when pierced with a knife. Meanwhile, mix together the butter with the garlic, harissa, lemon zest, chopped coriander and some seasoning. When the potatoes are ready, drain thoroughly, mash with the ginger and seasoning, and then keep warm.
2. Place the fish in a roasting tin, season, and then spread half the flavoured butter over each fillet. Roast for about 8 minutes until just cooked through. Serve with the ginger mash and some green veg.
445 calories, protein 36g, carbohydrate 65g, fat 7 g, saturated fat 3g, fibre 0g, salt 0.67 g