This very versatile store cupboard side dish is simple, comforting and downright gorgeous
Preparation and cooking times
Ready in 20 minutes
• 2 shallots , finely chopped
• olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves , finely sliced
• 250g cherry tomatoes
• thyme leaves from 1 sprig
• 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans , rinsed and drained
• 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 bunch basil , chopped
1. Cook the shallots gently in a little olive oil, add the garlic, tomatoes and thyme and turn the heat up. Fry until the tomatoes just start to collapse, then add the beans and balsamic and season.
2. Heat the beans through and stir in the basil. Drizzle with more oil.
155 calories, protein 7.1g, carbohydrate 18.1g, fat 6.6 g, saturated fat 0.8g, fibre 5g, salt 0.88 g