A spicy bowlful just begging for plenty of rice to mop up every last drop of sauce
• 2 tbsp sunflower oil
• 500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs , cut into bite-size pieces
• 1-2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
• 2 small parsnips , cut into chunks
• 400g can coconut milk
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 2 tsp light muscovado sugar
• 100g mushrooms , sliced
• handful frozen peas
• handful basil leaves , torn
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chicken and fry until lightly coloured. Stir in the curry paste to coat the chicken. Add the parsnips, coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar, and then bring to a gentle simmer, stirring every now and then.
2. Reduce the heat, cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms and peas, then cook for a further 5 minutes until the chicken and vegetables are tender. Scatter with basil to serve.
431 calories, protein 32g, carbohydrate 17g, fat 27 g, saturated fat 16g, fibre 5g, salt 1.53 g