• 4 eggs
• 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 2 English muffins , halved
• a little butter , for spreading
• 8 slices smoked salmon
• chopped chives , to serve
FOR THE HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• 2 tsp white wine vinegar
• 3 egg yolks
• 125g unsalted butter , diced
1. First make the Hollandaise sauce. Put the lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl, add the egg yolks and whisk with a balloon whisk until light and frothy.
Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk until mixture thickens. Gradually add the butter, whisking constantly until thick - if it looks like it might be splitting, then whisk off the heat for a few minutes. Season and keep warm.
2. To poach the eggs, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Lower the heat so that the water is simmering gently.
Stir the water so you have a slight whirlpool, then slide in the eggs one by one. Cook each for about 4 minutes, and then remove with a slotted spoon.
3. Lightly toast and butter the muffins, then put a couple of slices of salmon on each half. Top each with an egg, spoon over some Hollandaise and garnish with chopped chives.
564 calories, protein 27g, carbohydrate 16g, fat 44 g, saturated fat 23g, fiber 1g, salt 3.09 g