A super smart, good value midweek supper for two, with added veg to make it healthier
Preparation and cooking times:
Ready in 30 minutes
• 70g pack cubetti di pancetta
• 2 medium courgettes , grated
• 1 garlic clove , crushed
• 1 egg yolk
• 5 tbsp single cream
• 30g parmesan , finely grated
• 150g fettuccine
1. Cook the pancetta in a dry, non-stick pan until crisp and golden (it’ll give off enough fat to cook itself). Add the courgette and garlic and cook for 8 minutes or until the courgette is softened.
Whisk the egg, cream and parmesan and season with pepper. Cook the pasta following the pack instructions, then lift out of water with tongs straight into the courgette pan.
2. Toss well over the heat then take off the heat and toss with the egg/ cream mix, adding 2-3 tbsp of the pasta water until you have a nice emulsified sauce.
562 calories, protein 27.4g, carbohydrate 58.6g, fat 25.9 g, saturated fat 12.2g, fibre 3.1g, salt 2.12 g