Honey, fruit and strong cheese is a match made in heaven - serve as a simple starter with crusty bread
• 4 tbsp clear honey
• 1 tsp thyme leaves
• 1 tbsp cider vinegar
• 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
• 2 tbsp hazelnuts , toasted and roughly chopped
• 1 small fennel bulb , trimmed and finely sliced (use a mandolin if you have one)
• 2 handfuls rocket leaves
• 200g Stilton , thinly sliced
• 2 ripe figs
1. Put the honey and thyme leaves in a small pan, and then gently warm together for 2 minutes - the honey shouldn’t get hot enough to bubble. Set aside to cool.
Make a dressing by whisking together the cider vinegar and rapeseed oil with some seasoning.
2. To serve, gently toss the chopped hazelnuts, fennel and rocket with the dressing. Divide the cheese between 4 plates; add a fig half to each, then a pile of the salad. Finally drizzle the thyme-infused honey over the figs and cheese.
Nutrition per serving
350 calories, protein 14g, carbohydrate 15g, fat 26 g, saturated fat 12g, fibre 2g, salt 1.02 g.