• ½ small sweet potato or 3 medium carrots
• 1 medium courgette
• 100g baby leeks , or small ones split in half, or thick asparagus stems
• 1 small red pepper , seeded, cored and quartered
• 8 baby corn
• 2 Portobello mushrooms
• 4-6 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp pine nut or sunflower seeds, to serve
• vinaigrette and soy sauce, to splash over
1. Cut the sweet potato or carrots into 1cm-thick slices. Put in a pan with enough water to cover, boil for 2 minutes, then drain.
2. Heat the grill until hot. Line the rack with foil. Cut the courgette in half lengthways, then halve again for quarters. Slash the flesh in a criss-cross pattern.
3. Line up the potato or carrots, courgettes (cut-side up) and leeks and/or asparagus in the grill pan and brush with oil. Season, then grill on one side for 3-5 minutes until browned and just softened - no need to turn. As they cook, remove to a heatproof dish.
4. Place the remaining vegetables and mushrooms (skin-side up) on the foil, brush with oil, season and cook for about 3-5 minutes until softened and browned. Place in the dish and trickle over any cooking juices. Scatter over the nuts or seeds and return the dish to the grill for a minute or two so they lightly toast. Drizzle with a little vinaigrette and soy sauce just before serving.