Third edition of Guma Guma set for March

The organisers of Primus Guma Guma Superster (PGGSS), Braliwa Ltd, have confirmed that the competition is set to kick off on March 4.

The organisers of Primus Guma Guma Superster (PGGSS), Braliwa Ltd, have confirmed that the competition is set to kick off on March 4.

The brewery company says that this year, considered musicians should have at least five hit songs between 2010 and 2012.

Speaking at a news conference, Jan Van Velzen, Bralirwa`s Marketing and Sales Director, said that this time, the competition will be more advanced.

“We shall have ten contestants who will be nominated by music professionals including journalists, producers and DJ`s who will later embark on a nationalwide tour to entertain their fans,” he said.

Dubbed Primus Music Tour, the tour will see contestants traveling to fifteen venues to help the public watch the contestants as they perform live and also enable fans to determine the best and vote for them online. Voting is on www.primusgumagumasuperstar.com. 

Braliwa says that this year, new measures have been introduced in the competition, including a panel of judges that has already been appointed.

According to the organisers, the voting counts for 40 per cent and the remaining 60 per cent will be given out by the panel. At the end the country tour, there will be another regional or provincial tour before the final contest slated for March 27, at Amahoro National Stadium.

The winner of PGGSS 2013 will walk away with Rwf24 million. Rwf6 million will be handed to him/ her in cash while the rest will be handed over in form of a salary and support in other activities including an album launch.

Tom Close was the first winner of this competition in 2011. Last year, King James won it.

Subscribe to The New Times E-Paper


You want to chat directly with us? Send us a message on WhatsApp at +250 788 310 999    

 

Follow The New Times on Google News