I read with great shock news about 150 people who fell seriously sick after consuming laced beer at a wedding in Murambi Village, Gisagara District.
Whereas it gives some kind of relief to learn that the victims are on a steady road to recovery, I can’t stop imagining how the wedding ceremony got messed up.
According to the Ministry of Health, the beer got contaminated after unsafe water was used in the preparation. There should be close inspection measures in place to ensure that people at gatherings are served with clean beverages and food.
Additionally, increased sensitization is needed so that the public understand hygienic practices.