Sacked Gicumbi Executive Secretary petitions Ombudsman

The former Executive Secretary of Gicumbi District, Sinese Museveni, has appealed to the Ministry of Local Government and the Ombudsman to intervene in his row with district authorities.In a letter seen by The New Times, dated August 23, copied to among other authorities, the Ministry Public Service and Labour, the Ombudsman and the Public Service Commission, Museveni appealed to them to help resolve the ongoing wrangle.

The former Executive Secretary of Gicumbi District, Sinese Museveni, has appealed to the Ministry of Local Government and the Ombudsman to intervene in his row with district authorities.

In a letter seen by The New Times, dated August 23, copied to among other authorities, the Ministry Public Service and Labour, the Ombudsman and the Public Service Commission, Museveni appealed to them to help resolve the ongoing wrangle.

The situation worsened when Museveni, on Tuesday morning, was denied entry into the district premises by guards who said they had been instructed by the district’s authorities to deny him entry.

“I was deeply disappointed by the way I was handled by the security guards this morning,” Museveni said in the letter.

But when contacted, Gicumbi District Mayor, Bonane Nyangezi, said he was unaware of the grounds the guards denied the former Executive Secretary entry into the district offices.

“I don’t know why the guards prevented him from entering the offices,” the Mayor said.

Gicumbi District Advisory Council (DAC), last month, passed a vote of no confidence, dismissing Museveni, over alleged incompetence.

The councillors accused Museveni of reluctance to pay debts the district owes to various private service providers, and failure to implement the council’s directives, among a list of other charges, alleging that these undermined the credibility of the district officials.

According to sources at the district, since his dismissal, Museveni intentionally delayed to hand over office to his successor.

Museveni says up to now, he is yet to receive any letter that explains his dismissal.

Ends

Subscribe to The New Times E-Paper


You want to chat directly with us? Send us a message on WhatsApp at +250 788 310 999    

 

Follow The New Times on Google News