Promoters confirm Sean Kingston’s Rwandan Show

Joseph Mushyoma, the CEO of East African Promoters (EAP), the firm behind the Primus Guma Guma Superstar contest, has refuted allegations that Sean Kingston has cancelled his Rwandan show.“What Rwandans need is the proof that Sean Kingston is coming to Rwanda next month and we’re working on that,” Mushyoma said.
Sean Kingston ( net photo).
Sean Kingston ( net photo).

Joseph Mushyoma, the CEO of East African Promoters (EAP), the firm behind the Primus Guma Guma Superstar contest, has refuted allegations that Sean Kingston has cancelled his Rwandan show.

“What Rwandans need is the proof that Sean Kingston is coming to Rwanda next month and we’re working on that,” Mushyoma said.

“We hope to get a promo early next week which we shall air on RTV for everyone to hear the singer speak for himself that he is indeed coming,” he added.

The East African Promoters, a local music promotion company, partnered with Bralirwa to bring the Jamaican-American singer Sean Kingston to headline the Primus Guma Guma Superstar grand finale, due July 30, at Amahoro stadium.

Mushyoma also criticised Clint Robinson of C&A Entertainment, for his false claims that the Hip-hop star Sean Kingston had cancelled his Rwandan show after the Jet Ski accident last month in Miami Beach.

The EAP boss told The New Times that he was shocked after reading Clint’s allegations in an article published in The Herald, a Zimbabwean newspaper, on 8 June 2011.

“We have never partnered with C&A Entertainment to bring Sean in Rwanda. In fact, we even never knew Clint until I went to Zimbabwe to discuss with the singer about the offer,” the infuriated Mushyoma said.

He noted: “We had already talked with the singer and I was supposed to travel to the U.S for further negotiations about the concert in Rwanda. But, his management advised me to meet them in Zimbabwe where he [Sean] performed.”

According to C&A Entertainment, a Zimbabwean company that brought Kingston to Harare, they had planned to host the singer in Rwanda in partnership with Rwandese promoters.

"We have decided to cancel the show in Rwanda after what happened to Sean Kingston.

We had wanted to take him to Rwanda in partnership with our friends there but that is no longer possible since the accident occurred last month.

"The guys from Rwanda were here in Zimbabwe when Kingston performed two concerts and they liked what they saw and for now, we can only wish Kingston a speedy recovery," Clint of C&A Entertainment said.

Mushyoma, however, insisted that: “We didn’t partner with C&A Entertainment whatsoever. Clint only helped me to get a visa and other logistics to the show in Zimbabwe.”

“We have since talked with Sean’s management, who confirmed to us that the program hasn’t changed,” he added.

The Pop singer Sean Kingston is believed to have been discharged from the hospital last Friday.

Ends

ADVERTISEMENT

 

Have Your SayLeave a comment